Ministry of Blues ...

Sunday, October 15, 2006



Ministry Of Blues at the Unwind Center ...

The guy on the lead guitar was simply awesome.

Sometimes if I close my eyes, its like driving a spaceship into and through a swirling galaxy. Streaks of light flashing past on either sides. Immersed in the high pitched electric squeal it sways violently, at times switching the burners to overdrive. Turning right, turning left, and right, and left again, on through a barrage of weird massive shapes. An occasional space rock from nowhere springs up from the distance at light speed. Just when I think its gonna take me down with it, it hits the peripheral annihilating field and explodes. A riot of brilliant colors dazzle by. And when I open my eyes, its just that guy, that guy whose bent back with closed eyes and is searching for his breath on all the six strings.

And sometimes when its slow, its like I am in the deep ocean. All around me is deep dark and blue. I am in the shape of a prehistoric monster, with a long neck, small head, huge side flaps and a long swaying tail. I am swimming around, very slowly, in the cold blue. I close my flaps and take a short dip down with my head stretched forward, gliding effortlessly. Then I stop, float with swaying flaps and turning my long neck around search for a speckle of light. I swim around searching for it, thick dark water forcing me to ballet dancer motion sequences. But the only light, is what comes from above, from above the ocean surface, far far away.

0 comments: